Urban Zen Studio w/ Balcony in Meguro
Price range: from $80 USD per night
Close to the city center, parks, art and culture, great views, and restaurants and dining. You’ll love the place because of the light, the comfy bed, and the neighborhood. It is the perfect location for Cherry Blossom viewing in the spring time. Good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
Recently renovated with new furniture in the spring of 2017, this cozy space is perfect for 1-2 travellers.
Booking link: https://inthehood.airhost.co/en/houses/90816
The space includes:
- * 28 square meters of living space (approx. 300 sq ft)
- * Bright cozy space with large floor to ceiling windows
- * Ample and generous amounts of closet space - perfect for long term guest
- * Super Comfortable SIMMONS brand double sized mattress (140 x 201cm)
- * Japanese designer furniture and furnishings
- * Premium TOTO Neoforrest Toilet with Japanese electronic bidet, "washlet"
- * Basic toiletries (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, towels)
- * Hairdryer
- * Deep soaking bath tub
- * Portable WIFI service
- * Kitchenette with stove, refrigerator, microwave, kettle
- * Basic kitchen cookware and utensils for light cooking
- * Washing machine / Dryer room
- * Iron and Iron Board
- * Balcony area with outdoor seating, perfect for coffee
- Please note that the building is located in a very quiet and safe neighbourhood. For security reasons, you will need your room key to open and access the front gate at all times.
- Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime during your stay. I can be reached most of the time via Airbnb messaging system so do not hesitate to ask if I can make your stay more pleasant.
- Quietly residing just beyond the city’s inner circle, Meguro District attracts commuters, families, and artists who appreciate subtle charms over sonorous environs. Tokyoites tend to visit Meguro District’s most famous local destinations, the hip enclave of Nakameguro and the canal along the Meguro River. Despite its far-away residential feel, Meguro District never seems out of touch. Organic cafes, famous izakayas, repurposed vintage shops, and musty must-see bookstores generate enough buzz to sustain this understatedly cool neighborhood.
- During the cherry blossom season, the Meguro River has breathtaking views of the trees next to the river which is one of Tokyo’s best areas to view. This has got to be one of the best experiences ever and a fantastic Instagram shot.
- In the summertime, take a peaceful walk down the river and head south where you will encounter one of Tokyo's trendiest areas, Nakameguro, which has riverside bars, boutiques and restaurants.
- Are you a food lover? This is food paradise! A ton of restaurants on the main street leading to the train station (Meguro Dori). Try the curry, soba, tonkatsu (Japanese style pork schnitzel), okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake), yakitori (grilled chicken skewers), ramen... the list goes on and on! For those foodie friends, the famous tonkatsu TONKI is only a 5 min walk away! Quite affordable as well.
- Super convenient area and perfect to explore on foot!
- 1 min walk to 7-11 convenience store
- 1 min walk to AEON supermarket
- 3 min walk to Pharmacy / Drug Store
- 5 min walk to Ryusenji Temple
- 8 min walk to Meguro Station (JR Yamamoto, Tokyu Meguro, Namboku, Mita Metro Lines)
- 8 min walk to Fudomae Station (Tokyu Meguro Line)
- 15 min walk to Nakameguro (one of Tokyo's super trendy neighbourhood!)
- 30 min walk to Tokyo Tower
- Feel like experiencing the train system?
- 5 min train ride to Shibuya / Daikanyama
- 7 min train ride to Omotesando / Harajuku
- 10 min train ride to Shinjuku
- 15 min train ride to Roppongi
- 15 min train ride to Shinagawa
- 30 min train ride to Haneda Airport
- 80 min train ride to Narita International Airport
- Please note that children above the age of 5 will be considered an additional occupancy and will be charged accordingly.
- Please also note that downstairs there is a Karaoke bar in the basement. Go try a few songs and live like a Japanese local! However, if singing is not your thing, don't worry... they close by 11pm, a bit later on the weekends. Thanks for your understanding!
A Chic Modern Studio:Omotesando/Harajuku/Shibuya
Sunny & Relaxing in Shibuya/Omotesando/Harajuku
Enchanting 1BR in Azabujuban/Roppongi Hills
Supreme Stylish 1BR in Azabujuban/Roppongi Hills
Find us on Instagram
IntheHood lives up to their words, 'thoughtfully-designed with avid travelers in mind.' My time in the city was easily complete with just a small briefcase; thanks to their extensive apartment amenities and remote concierge which connected me to the best neighborhoods of Tokyo.
Staying at their place was such an amazing way to experience Tokyo. I felt like a local with the ease that was afforded to me by intheHood. You can really tell that the people behind the concept cared about about every detail, down to the arts that hung behind the bed. I would recommend this space to anyone - young or old, professional or amateur traveler.
It's new, super clean, very spacious, and has everything we needed for a comfortable life in Tokyo - from fully equipped kitchen, washing machine (with laundry detergent etc.) to a comfortable bath tub (especially helpful after a long day of walking around in Tokyo).
Above and beyond the unit itself, intheHood provided a variety of suggestions on things to check out in the neighborhood, and periodically hosted events that were great ways to meet fellow travelers and learn about the area.